The Vine

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Thanksgiving Feast

I got to go to Dallas to share Thanksgiving with LM's family, who I adore. His Mom did the turkey, stuffing and gravy, and was very happy to allow me to take over all the sides. Here is what I cooked for them:

Stuffed Baked Delicatta Squash (I brought this last year - cheese, pine nuts, red and green chilies, etc)
Hungarian Red Cauliflower (an excellent quality paprika stains it red)
Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Raspberry Sauce
Maquechoux (a Cajun/Indian version of creamed corn)
Whole Sauted Mushrooms in Red Wine Sauce
Wild Rice Pilaf (with apple juice, pecans, currants & mushrooms)
Garnet Yams (cubed and roasted in a covered iron skillet with onions)
Mashed Potatoes with Wild Chives
Apple Pie with Cranberries and Walnuts
Cranberry Sauce (1 bag frozen cranberries + 1 can frozen applejuice concentrate opt. 1 small can crushed pinapple)
I have no idea how to make pumpkin pie.
I'm not good at stuffing, but I love it...
I don't know how to do that greenbean thing with the crispies on top...
I can make a mushroom/cream brown gravy for mashed potatoes, etc. if needed. I don't know how to make gravy out of pan drippings. Next time I see it done I'll be writing it down.

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now I'm hungry!

The green bean thing with the crispies on top - the recipe is on green bean cans, I think. And I think it's just green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and those little crispy french onions mixed in, with some sprinkled on the top.

How on earth you make all that other gorgeous sounding stuff?

Love,
c/mw

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

All of these are my own recipes! Most are easy and lend themselves to partner or group cooking situations. A cookbooklet is in the offening! Wait til you see the Margarita Roja recipe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home